BIOS is messed up...

edited January 2006 in Hardware
My comp specs are in my sig

Recently when I was updating my BIOS, at around 60% to completion my street black out. My comp obviously shut off and the BIOS now is definitely incomplete, just hopefully not damaged. During the updating process, it specifically warned me not to shut off the comp or else I would not be able to boot. That's exactly what I'm having trouble with-booting up.

Right now, I can't even get to first boot selection screen, so there isn't a way for me to boot from a CD or floppy or anything like that. My comp just freezes as soon as it enters the "searching for IDE devices screen".

I went back to my motherboard user manual and there isn't a way to somehow manually reset my bios, or at least there isn't a way that I know of.

I'm pretty much running out of ideas, and I would hate to have my motherboard sent back and get charged for $50.

Any ideas? Thx in advance for replies.

The motherboard is a ASUS A8N5X ACPI Revision 0401. The BIOS is from Phoenix - AwadBIOS v6.00PG.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Just get your flash chip replaced - www.badflash.com
  • edited January 2006
    Just get your flash chip replaced - www.badflash.com

Thx! I just ordered a new chip, too anxious to wait and get my old one reprogrammed. Should arrive in a couple of days.
  • edited January 2006
    Badflash rocks...I smoked the bios in my old Abit KT7, while practicing my bios hacking skills, and I had a new chip 8 days later :D