Asus A8N-SLI problem

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM board amd 64x2 dual core 3800 chip geforce 6600 pci express graphics card 2x 512 corsair memory can't get system to boot nor any beep codes can anyone help please

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    libby wrote:
    Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM board amd 64x2 dual core 3800 chip geforce 6600 pci express graphics card 2x 512 corsair memory can't get system to boot nor any beep codes can anyone help please
    Try unfastening it from the mobo tray and place the antistatic wrapper (bag) that it came in underneath si it makes no contact and boot. If it boots you're shorting out somewhere. This is somewhat common.
  • edited January 2006
    csimon wrote:
    Try unfastening it from the mobo tray and place the antistatic wrapper (bag) that it came in underneath si it makes no contact and boot. If it boots you're shorting out somewhere. This is somewhat common.
    i since changed ram to b1 socket now getting 1 long 2 short beeps indicating video but also changed graphics card from geforce 6200 to 6600 an still getting same beeps what now! if you can help please do thanks for getting back
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited January 2006
    Have you tried switching the PCI-E slot your graphics card is in?
  • edited January 2006
    tried that still no good
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    Unless someone else has a better thought, I think you might want to explore the RMA options of your mobo. But ....

That said, you did find a grounding fault in your system. The 6200 at the least should have worked (since it only draws power from the bus) otherwise I would have said to make sure you had everything connected.

The only thing you might want to consider is attempting to reset the BIOS. Get the mobo manual and look for the procedure to do this- generally pull the battery for an hour or so and/or make a jumper setting.

Outside of that- I'm out of ideas for now. Perhaps this bump shall have someone with another thought chime in.
  • edited January 2006
    i've since moved mainboard from chassis getting only green led on board no fans or anything else i have ps connected to on mainboard anyone any ideas
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    the power switch isnt connected correctly
  • edited January 2006
    got it going but still nothing on screen