Just Nuts.. Quad 7800GTX

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I am graphics crazy... But lets get realistic here! you would need a Mobo with 8 CPU's to harness all that GPU power. and 4 7800GTX 512 setups is just insane under one hood.

I barely have a list to give me reasons to go SLI let alone Quad SLI :)

But I guess for the guys who are just rich and can afford the setup, will have one of the sickest Gasming rigs around... to bad AMD isn't running it.

"Just think when FH releases the GC client... man that thing would turn in 5000 points per day!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    That's nuts. But I'd hate to spend $10k on a system, only to have the graphics outdated in six months (although, probably not outdated by much). And I thought cars depreciated fast!
    edited January 2006
    A system like that would run the next gen games at uber high until new tech rolls out like Pixel Shader 4.0... but I think it wiil run games for atleast 2 years! I mean 4 GPU's..... at that 4 of the fastest GPU's in the world!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I owuld love one of those dual cards, and newegg has then for less than 900, not a bad price if you ask me, considering how expencive the single cards are. or were last time I checked :banghead:
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited January 2006
    Um...how does newegg have them? They're not in the retail market at all, and possibly never will be. Are you sure you're not confusing them with something else?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    deicist wrote:
    Um...how does newegg have them? They're not in the retail market at all, and possibly never will be. Are you sure you're not confusing them with something else?

I was, it's that ASUS card actually :banghead:
    edited January 2006
    Yeah the ASUS is a Dual 7800GT 256 which I have heard has massive issues in compatability... the Dell card is 2 7800GTX 512 cores with support for 1 Gig of onboard memory... my guess is these monsters will hit the market at about $1200+ just for 1 card. making just grphics for that fell at $2,400..... I love Nvidia but not $2400 type of love

The one thing I think when i see these is Voodoo 2 or my Voodoo 5 they look to be about the same size. need a full size case for thses bad boys....
  • edited January 2006
    Water cooling those big monsters is totally out of the question unless you go with an immersion setup...