speeding or slowing mp3's

edited January 2006 in Hardware
can anyone recommend a program that can speed up are slow down mp3, then save them as a new file with the changed speed?

thx alot

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited January 2006
    I'm pretty sure you can do that in Audacity
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, it's under the "Effect" toolbar option.
  • edited January 2006
    i downloaded audacity then i opened an mp3 file... then i went to the effect option at the top, but they were all shaded gray, and i was unable to click on them. can someone give me instructions on how to modify the speed after i open the file?
    edited January 2006
    Press Ctrl+A to select all of the MP3 then try again, you need something selected before it will let you apply affects (it's a multi-track editior).
  • edited January 2006
    ok i got the mp3's to speed up! but not the way i had hoped :( This made the voice higher as well (i think they call it tempo and pitch). I was thinking of the speeding up like the kind in windows media player. (open Windows media player>view>enhancements>Play speed settings) Then at the bottom you will see something which allows you to change the speed. If u make it faster... everything gets faster, without any other change.

so is there a way to change the speed without their voice getting higher? Sorry i should have been clear before.
    edited January 2006
    It has multiple options.
    Change Speed, Change Pitch and Change Tempo. Use the Change Tempo option.
  • edited January 2006
    Changing the tempo did the trick!! Thanks for all your help Everex!!