drop dead, unread thread.

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Community
In the old version, if I logged in and did not read all of the new posts, then it would automatically mark them as read when I logged in later. Now, it seems to be leaving all the new threads and posts marked as new, and if I don't want to see them as new anymore, I either have to read them, or 'mark forum as read', which is already getting old. I like the upgrade visually, but this change is bothering me. Is it a setting that I can change somewhere?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    This was actually one of the most requested features from members. Asking that threads didn't "dissapear" and were persistent/consistent in marking as read/unread.

In answer to your question, there is no way to turn it off except globally. Sorry.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I'm of the opposite opinion... I hated having my threads marked READ. Sometimes I my browser would crash or I would acidently close the browser and I would try returning to "New Posts" and there wouldn't be any... I'd miss out on crap loads of new posts. GRRRRRR

Also, when I have 4 pages of new threads to read... that takes over 15 minutes and thus, all threads get marked read.... GRRRRR

NOW... I can close the browser.... login somewhere else and continue where I left off before... I LOVE THIS UPGRADE.

CB... Try just clicking "Quick Links" then "Mark Forums Read"??
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I think most people will like it, i'm with CB though ;).

I browse the couple threads i want and then close out. Now when i come back I don't know if there are new posts in the forum or not.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'm of the opposite opinion... I hated having my threads marked READ. Sometimes I my browser would crash or I would acidently close the browser and I would try returning to "New Posts" and there wouldn't be any... I'd miss out on crap loads of new posts. GRRRRRR

Also, when I have 4 pages of new threads to read... that takes over 15 minutes and thus, all threads get marked read.... GRRRRR

NOW... I can close the browser.... login somewhere else and continue where I left off before... I LOVE THIS UPGRADE.

CB... Try just clicking "Quick Links" then "Mark Forums Read"??

I would, but when I click 'Quick Links' the menu opens behind the google ads...

Hey, when I'm composing a message, there are no ads... I can play with it this way...