2»

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Geeky1 said
    How about you just extend that invitation to anyone who doesn't snore? ;D
  • khankhan New
    edited September 2003
    I'd go if I didn't live in Texas. =P. Heh myself, TheBaron, and Drasnor could be a "node" in the austin, tx area, and connect to y'all game. =)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Anyone want to help pitch in with the, you know...... plane fare costs? :bawling:

NS
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited September 2003
    Well if I win the lottery at the weekend then I can afford the plane ticket & I'll be up for it. Otherwise I'm afraid I can't be arsed to swim the Atlantic at this time of year. It's too cold and I cant waterproof my rig well enough & scaping off the barnicles off the case is a real bitch as well :)

Regards

Jim
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited September 2003
    I just realised, 13+ hours of non stop drivig could become a real pain in the butt, I would have to pull over half way and get some sleep on the side of the road ;( and I don't trust people these days, I might wake up to find I don't have rims anymore on meh stang.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    I'd be up for it, as long as the LAN could be held before the winter strikes southern Ontario. Driving is a bitch in winter up here.

Detroit's only 4.5 hours (450 KM'ish) from my place.

//Edit: I don't snore. :)
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    cool, we gonna have SimGuy if we ever do the LAN.
    i'm really lookign forward to it.
    Same here, i don't want to wait till snow starts, driving in snow is a biatch.

I remember last year driving back from chicago after thanksgiving from my uncle's place.
    It snowed like a biatch when i was going back to michigan, took forever to get back home.
    Average speed was about 45 to 50 mph
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    The best part... I get to hit the Duty Free on the way back! Cheap liquor and smokes! :D
    edited September 2003
    Ok guys here is where I'm at on me going to the LAN. My best friend is up for driving up there for the lan, I talked to him today about it and he said yes. The only thing is now, we need to know when the date will be so we can ask off for work and all that good stuff. And I got to talk to my parents about it, but after I find out all the info I will. And if we do we need some good Hotel places to stay at. So whoever is in charge, please let me know so you all can see me, lol
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    primesuspect said
    Any short-media foreigner who comes here has an open invitation to stay at my place, that goes without saying.

If something concrete is delivered within a reasonable timeframe, I may just invest in a roundtrip to Detroit.
  • edited September 2003
    Well I think it goes without saying that I'm up for it!

Prime: PM me if you'd like help setting up your office.
    edited September 2003
    Looks like we all waiting on Prime. PRIMEEEEE where are you buddy ol' pal?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    oh wow.

I guess this is for real then? ;)

okay. so let's set a preliminary date:

How does the weekend of October 24th sound? That's Friday the 24th, Saturday the 25th and Sunday the 26th?

And yes, TheSMJ and other local yokels, I will probably need help setting up my office for this.

By that time, I should have my new house (knocking on teh wood) and I'll be able to sleep probably 5-6 people on the floor. I will have just moved in, so I won't have furniture or a bed for the guest room, but we'll make do :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    That's a lot earlier than I anticipated but I'll get an idea of the cost and let you know if it's do-able.
    edited September 2003
    Maybe we should plan it for november sometime? Give everyone time to prep and plan?

Although too close to the holidays is a bad idea too, since holiday season == money shortage
    edited September 2003
    Well for me I think Oct is a little to short time. I am just starting my new job on Oct 7th so I dont want to be asking for time off soo early, you know. But I mean do not let that hold the date back any, if Oct is good for the rest because of driving in snow and all then go for it, but I might have to miss out.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Shorty said

Cool :D although you may live to regret that.. Spinner snored like hell when he e-camped on my virtual sofa :shakehead

Look... I had a cold alright. Geese dude...

primesuspect said
    AMENDMENT TO MY LAST POST:

Any short-media foreigner who comes here has an open invitation to stay at my place, that goes without saying, with the exception of the people on this list:

Spinner

;)

Oh oh! I see what ya doing! Trying to phase old Spinnerboy out of the party eh?, well no way hoesay amigo, night time breathing conditions should not be descriminated against, and if you think for one minute some silly exception list is gonna stop me from rowing accross the atlantic, then you've got another thing coming.

/me starts pumping up his dinggy.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    lol, this did get serious didn't it. Well it seems prime got grabbed for the location, I'm down for helping with whatever is needed etc. Just set the date and we start rollin.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited September 2003
    Err......just please don't make it on the weekend of the U of M /OSU game....puhlease! Nov. 22 The 24th of Oct. weekend also kinda sucks....cause I think pseudo and I might have a engagement party to go to....and let me stop you before anyone assumes Pseudo and I are getting married. Its a FREINDS wedding. Sheesh. Besides....the night of the 24th a friend rented out tiki bobs and have $1 drinks all night. Can you say party bus??
    edited October 2003