Plz Help

edited January 2006 in Hardware
ok heres the story my dad says my hard drive crashed

it comes to the windows 98 loading screen but never loads

and when i try to re format it says insufficent data space

my bud says this can be fixed by geting a pc with a primatry hard drive and making mine a slave and deleting the slave drive from windows using the primary drive to load windows

is this true.

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    Did you wipe the hard drive before reformatting?
  • edited January 2006
    no i cant wipe for i cant reformat

a virus got in and my dad said its done its crashed

but as i said if i get a master drive with windows on it and make my "crashed" drive as slave can i delete the data in the "crashed"
    drive through my computer
    selecting drive
    selecting the data
    right click and press delete
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    I would recommend getting the diagnostic program from the hard drive manufacturer and see what it tells you. If you need help finding it, let me know the brand and I'll give you a hand. :)
  • edited January 2006
    thats what i was thinking but i need to be able to get into windows to do that

which i cant cause its messed up that data

but ty for helping im getting it fix today hopefully it will work before i got to buy a new one

and just a little fun fact ive seen people say that if u put it in a freezer it will help and if u uses electro magnet it will wipe it but im not that dumb ha
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    You don't need to get into Windows to run the HD test. All you do is download a program which runs from a floppy disk or cdrom, boot from it, then sit back and watch the fun. It will test a completely blank drive, for that matter.

What brand is your Hard Drive?
  • edited January 2006
    nvm about that all its getting fixed and its a western digital 40gb cavier

pretty old but it works

thanks for the help