OCZ Phase Change Systems

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited November 2006 in Hardware

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    Yes...that is....interesting!
  • edited January 2006
    Sounds like it won't be a super low temp unit, but it will be much more affordable with the numbers they are throwing around and would probably make a great subzero cooler for a P-M or Yonah system, since their TDP is so much lower than an A64.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Looks cool huh?

The early units holds pretty good temps so far.
  • edited January 2006
    You playing with one yet, Mack?
    edited January 2006
    Not yet...only a couple of betaunits out yet.
  • edited January 2006
    Let us know how well it handles an A64's heatload when you do get the chance. If they can sell it for around 300 bones like they were saying in that thread that lemonlime referenced, I definitely would be interested in the unit.
    edited January 2006
    We have seen -12c loaded core temps so far on the oldest unit with a 3700+ San Diego at 3.2 GHZ. Those numbers should generally improve when the final unit comes out i think, but they could also get slightly worse to keep the cost down. Somewhere between $300 and $400 is the target.
  • edited January 2006
    Need any betatesters?:bigggrin: :woowoo:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    We have seen -12c loaded core temps so far on the oldest unit with a 3700+ San Diego at 3.2 GHZ. Those numbers should generally improve when the final unit comes out i think, but they could also get slightly worse to keep the cost down. Somewhere between $300 and $400 is the target.
    I've been reading about soi improvements coming soon ...perhaps on the next batch. So it probably won't matter if new phase change slacks a little to shave a few bucks. They'll sell!
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited November 2006
    what's the likely release date and any idea when a few units might make their way to singapore?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I won't buy it for $400, but for $300, I'll buy it as soon as it comes out, I'll start saving now!

BTW, anyone know the size of that thing? Looks smaller than a medium tower like my Lian Li PC-65, which is sweet!
    edited November 2006
    No date is unfortunatly set. We are still improving the unit.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    That sounds pretty cool to me. ;)
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited November 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    That sounds pretty cool to me. ;)

DAMN cool :buck:
  • edited November 2006
    I had the chance to check out one of the beta units at that showdown lan i attended. Let me just say, that after having a "lets see who can hold their finger on the evap head the longest", my thumb was very very very cold lol

Seemed to be very well built, and looked very sharp!

Nice job ocz!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    ...and Christmas is just around the corner!