first template

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Internet & Media
so i got bored the other day and decided i would make my first template with photoshop and dreamweaver. i still havnt sliced it or anything but o well.

finsished.jpg

so what do you think? go easy on me, its my first. theres no banner yet, im still making that.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Add some generic ext so we have an idea what the full layout would look like....
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    ok, ill do that. but for now. all the links would go in the top left box like "forums, home, etc" the top middle box would be for news and maybe the other box on the bottom left for affiliates but it might be to small. not sure yet.
    edited January 2006
    Alright ive added some text of how i would possibly make it. here ya go

finsishedcopy.jpg
    edited January 2006
    any comments/ suggestions?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    The bevel and emboss for the affiliate link area is too much of a contrast to the rest of the site.

Some of the blue lines are of different sizes, try to keep them uniform throughout the site. It also seems to be of two separate shades of blue, one VERY blue and one darker blue. I'd preferr the darker blue myself.
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited January 2006
    It seems to me like there's a lot of wasted space in between those content blocks. That wouldn't be a problem if that space were used by graphics, but it's just that solid charcoal color.
    edited January 2006
    RWB wrote:
    The bevel and emboss for the affiliate link area is too much of a contrast to the rest of the site.

Some of the blue lines are of different sizes, try to keep them uniform throughout the site. It also seems to be of two separate shades of blue, one VERY blue and one darker blue. I'd preferr the darker blue myself.

Yea i got half way through and had to close. then when i started back up i didnt have the color code for the exact blue. and kyle , i was thinking the same myself. but i just couldnt thing of what to put there.............. any ideas?