Needed: 3D Animator for short title/break sequences

CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Internet & Media
Many of you folks around here may be familiar with myself and the video projects I do at my site, TotalGeekMedia.com. I have unfortunately not put too much work into my site as of late, but we're re-launching our podcast and a new show which we hope to put out atleast monthly and trying to get some more partners to develop new content for TGM.

Anyway, I'm totally in the dark in terms of 3D animation and I would like to do some title sequences and short second or 2 break animations to put in a show to give it a more professional affect rather than the lame breaks I had to been working with and quikly whipped up in flash. I am not an animator by any stretch of the imagination so these were just some things I created for lack of anything else.

I am willing to pay some money for somebody who thinks they could help me out with this and of course you would be credited in anything that your work was used in. There's no way I could pay to hire a professional animation studio to make thse short segments for me because of the immense cost, but I figured there were some student or hobbyist animators around Short-Media who would like to do some work and make some money.

For examples for what I'm talking about, if you're familiar with the online show "Systm" with Kevin Rose, they have lots of little break animations as well as a 30 second or so intro. http://www.systm.org Obviously I'm not looking for something as complex, I dont know what kind of professional animators they have or what kind of money they're working with but just an idea as to what I'm looking for.

Hit me up with a PM and we can discuss this further, thanks for your time!

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I don't get anything when I go to www.system.org.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    hmm, weird, seemed to load alright, maybe it was down or something, but their main site is www.revision3.com maybe that will work

EDIT//

its www.systm.org not www.syst<b>e</b>m.org theres no E :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Hey Camman, as I mentioned in the PM I don't have internet at home right now until Monday(god willing), but while I am sure I get the idea of what you want could you perhaps post a different link to something else that you like. I am at work right now and unable to download those file types(don't support them).
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I might be of some assitance to you Camman
    edited January 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Hey Camman, as I mentioned in the PM I don't have internet at home right now until Monday(god willing), but while I am sure I get the idea of what you want could you perhaps post a different link to something else that you like. I am at work right now and unable to download those file types(don't support them).

Hey man, yeah they distribute via BitTorrent so its kind of a beotch to get a hold of the files, I PMed you with a WMV sample I put together and hosted on my own site, so you can check that out but it sounds like you got the idea of what I was talking about. Obviously those samples are pretty complicated and in depth and I'm not expecting to get quite that crazy of a quality for the type of budget.

and slege, thanks for the reply, I haven't committed to anything yet so yeah send me some samples and what you're looking for in terms of tha dollahs and we can talk about it.

refer all stuffs to PM or hit me up via email cam at totalgeekmedia dot com
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Hey Camman, I finally got my internet. SHWEET ;)

OK I watched the video you sent me in the PM, I am still DLing the the Asterisk video from the systm site. From what I can tell it looks like they used After Effects to build those scenes. Basically from what I've seen it's all 2-D with some faked 3D goodies. Yeah very sweet still ;) More stylish than I thought. I'll have to re-read the posts to be sure I can think of some good stuff that may help you, and maybe watch some of your videos again(been a while).

I bet you like the Comedy Central style stuff too ehh? Could probably do alot of the stuff I see in systm with Flash luckily, as I don't have the money to dish out for After Effects(which is such a sweet program, PHOTOSHOP with TIMECODE!). But I'll do some test stuff to see what can be done, and get back to ya with some prices.
    edited January 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Hey Camman, I finally got my internet. SHWEET ;)

OK I watched the video you sent me in the PM, I am still DLing the the Asterisk video from the systm site. From what I can tell it looks like they used After Effects to build those scenes. Basically from what I've seen it's all 2-D with some faked 3D goodies. Yeah very sweet still ;) More stylish than I thought. I'll have to re-read the posts to be sure I can think of some good stuff that may help you, and maybe watch some of your videos again(been a while).

I bet you like the Comedy Central style stuff too ehh? Could probably do alot of the stuff I see in systm with Flash luckily, as I don't have the money to dish out for After Effects(which is such a sweet program, PHOTOSHOP with TIMECODE!). But I'll do some test stuff to see what can be done, and get back to ya with some prices.

Sounds like you got the idea of what I'm going for. I wasn't sure what to call it though 3D, faked 2D, haha, I have no idea, I just thought it looked pretty cool. Our old videos will probably be a good indication of the content, but those ones are very low production quality even for the "zero budge/webshow" range, we're going to be using a different camera with audio-in and lapel mics for better sound and actually set up some lighting and stuff, I want to make it look better than our previous productions thats why i'm looking for some of this intro art type stuff, but yeah the content will be the same basically a "tech/comedy" mix.