Options

Swapping mobos

edited January 2006 in Hardware
I have an AMD mobile 64 3200 and I need to use my brothers desktop amd 64 to flash the new bios that is going with the mobile. I made a few boot disks but they all said it failed to book disk... I know that you have to do something but I dont know what.

They are the same motherboards

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    How did you make the boot disks? (I'm assuming you mean a floppy.)

If you right-click on the A:\ drive and pick "Format" you'll see a checkbox for "Make MS-DOS System Disk". Click that, then make the disk.

Afterwards, copy the BIOS flash program (ex. aflash.exe) and the new BIOS file, then off you go. :)
  • edited January 2006
    There is a much better boot disk for flashing a bios than a standard windows boot floppy, prof. Go to our download page, which is here - http://www.short-media.com/download.php?dc=59 and download the DRD Flash file. Then run the executable and it will make a minimal dos boot disk with no memory manager crap and it's made specifically for flashing a bios. After you make the boot disk, copy your flashing executable and the new bios file to the boot disk and then boot with it and flash your bios. Be sure to follow your mobo manufacturer's guidelines on flashing your bios to avoid a bad flash.