no input signal

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Got a new LCD monitor from jetway, when I startup it says no input signal found tried on 2 different computers says the same thing and sometimes brings me to the bluescreen. Someone told me to update the drivers but only a manual disk came with it which is pretty useless.

heres the monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824004005

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor? Are both ends firmly attached, and is the power connected properly? Do you see anything on the screen during POST, then lose it when Windows starts to load? Or, is there never anything on the screen at all?
  • edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor? Are both ends firmly attached, and is the power connected properly? Do you see anything on the screen during POST, then lose it when Windows starts to load? Or, is there never anything on the screen at all?

Using the cables that came with it and the cables arent super tight because they are so close together it is a little hard I dont want to force it. Power is on there good, windows does indeed boot up but when I restart it does this and forces me to shutdown a couple times before it will boot up again. It
    edited January 2006
    Are you using a digital or analog cable?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Are you using a digital or analog cable?

VGA- analog i think, and the port is blue

DVI- digital, and the port is usually white'ish-gray
  • edited January 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    VGA- analog i think, and the port is blue

DVI- digital, and the port is usually white'ish-gray

Yeah, I have both plugged in.
    edited January 2006
    Pick one or the other (Digital is much better) and make sure your monitor is detected properly in Device Manager. :)
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited January 2006
    The Prof is right. One or the other, and stick with the DVI. Windows is having problems figuring out which pipeline of data to use...digital or analog.