2»

Comments

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    well I'll check in tommorow to see where to go from here
    thank you
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    What is the brand and model# of your Motherboard? (Including Revision#, if any.)

I'll take a look at what the manual for your board has to say about BIOS options and advise you from there. :)
    edited January 2006
    ok the pc is a dell 2300 and the motherboard is a I think now there's two things on the motherboard on is printed on the motherboard and that's a C backward RU us E139765 and the other is a white label on it with
    CN 03T237-70821-28M-H12E hope this is what you're asking
    edited January 2006
    Well have to go B back tommorrow
    Thanks for all the help
    and thanks profdlp for the other info I asked ya
    nite all and have a better tommorrow
    edited January 2006
    well no response
    Thanks for the help atleast I got to try something new
    It was interesting trying to get this thing to work
    edited January 2006
    Well guess it's time to give up
    so I have a case to start a new one with.
    So lets see I have a I Will motherboard and a case and a harddrive and
    a dead machine Hmmmmm I can use the processor from that and the ram
    from the dead on Dare do I say this I can resurrect it
    Well this will give me something to play with next weekend
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    What else is plugged in to the PC. I've had similar probs. Try unplugging everything except 1 HDD and 1 CD ROM. Try it with the minimum of stuff connected.
    edited January 2006
    If you can replace the Dell MB with the Iwill one you will be taking a step up in both quality and features. Specifically, Dell MB's are not noted for allowing much leeway for the user when it comes to tweaking.
    edited January 2006
    Well yes profdlp that's what I was thinking about doing since I was going nowhere with the whole thing being a Dell. But I was trying to keep it all Dell.
    Well guess this weekend the IWill kk266 will be getting out of the part closet
    But hey now the Dell MB is still ok The problem wasn't on it right?
    edited January 2006
    DogDragon wrote:
    ...the Dell MB is still ok The problem wasn't on it right?
    That's hard to say. If you suddenly come to find that you are able to complete the installation after switching it with the other MB then it will start to look like the board was the source of the problem. It doen't appear to have been the HD, seeing as how it has already passed a bunch of tests.

One thing to be careful about
    : Some models from Dell use a non-standard power supply - make sure you don't have one of the oddball PSU's in your computer. If you do you will probably fry the Iwill board.
  • edited November 2008
    Hello there almost three years later... anyone having this problem now I was trying to fix it for myself. I changed a lot of BIOS settings, reseated ram, put timing and voltage off of Auto. They didn't "seem" to work, then I took my cdrom ata cable which I had as master, and put it to slave. I also changed the hard drive cable and put it in a different slot(SATA).

Unfortunately I am unsure of what actually "solved" it because now, I did these things scattered together in clumps, so I'm not sure what caused what.

After formatting with the pro sp2 disk I am crashing again with a different error:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    0x0000000A (0xF000EFF2, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80824950)
    this is a crash I was getting quite often weeks before I reinstalled. Although I don't know what the code was.

Guess I'm not out of the woods yet.... checking things out.