Folding hit hard Yesterday!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Man I was really looking forward to htting 49th yesterday and than I looked around and noticed all my machines are far off from posting any WU's... my score yesterday was like a slap in the face. has anyone with a large amout of PC's have this happen to them? I mean 4 weeks of great numbers and than 2 days of major crap :(

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited January 2006
    Man I was really looking forward to htting 49th yesterday and than I looked around and noticed all my machines are far off from posting any WU's... my score yesterday was like a slap in the face. has anyone with a large amout of PC's have this happen to them? I mean 4 weeks of great numbers and than 2 days of major crap :(

I get huge surges and days of crappy production all the time :) I think I started my five pee-threes at the same time, so they all seem to turn in WUs simultaneously. Those are exciting days :D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited January 2006
    Happens quite often. That combined with other issues, makes it hard to estimate sometimes.:-/
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    yeah.. it just sucks I mean yyou have a nice constant flow of points flowing in than BAM! you drop back to almost nothing.... it was like I had 1 WU turned in or something.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    yeah I used to get plunges and surges all of the time ...more often than not. I never went a day without any points at all and I think the most points I got in one day was like 14k or something.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Sledge, if you have a bunch of AMD rigs you might consider setting the client to "deadlineless" WU's. You won't get any of the 600-point monsters, but you won't get the 56-point mutts either. My ppw average went up significantly when I switched over. :csimon:
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    My production is way down from usual too. It must be a batch of crappy WU's.