Sledgehammer70 has been robbed!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Well I ran into a issue the other day finding that my render farm at work stopped being able to communicate with Stanford university. This due to new security settings at work. "Thanks IT #%&*@#$" so I have lost 16 CPU's on this sad sad day. as I have about 80+ WU's that need to be uploaded as they haven't been able to be sent. So I am not down and out just yet... and on a side note this sort of announcement was kind of coming anyways as I am most likely starting a new job. http://www.howies.com . I will hopefully be a store manager for the Nations largest LAN center :) and guess what..... I will be running 400 PC's so hopefully I might be able to talk my boss into a folding frenzy....

But I will be folding under the same name with only 10 CPU's for now!

*Note: I will not be on the side lines for long :)

:cheers:GO Team 93!!!!:cheers:
fold...Fold...FOld...FOLd...FOLD...fOLD...foLD...folD...fold

Comments

• scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Sledge

Bummer Dude !

Those WU's may not be lost. I am pretty sure you can off load them to another machine or a thumbdrive and send them from a machine that connects.

Best of luck ! ( However it turns out )

Scott
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Good luck, Sledge. With your enthusiasm and determination I have no doubt that you'll find a way to get things rolling again. :csimon:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I will be running 400 PC's so hopefully I might be able to talk my boss into a folding frenzy....

If what you're doing now doesn't qualify as a folding frenzy... them I'm afraid. Very afraid.

400 PCs? That's just nuts. I think you'd break EOC's folding charts when the first set of WUs turn in ;D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    well that ius if I can get them to run folding... I would be the Store Manager so I guess I can do what I want! maybe set it up to run at certain times of the day :) But it is always good to get approval form the higher powers :)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited January 2006
    Sorry to hear about those hard earned WU's, Sledge. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. That just sucks big time.

On a better note, sounds like good news about your other job prospect.:thumbsup:
    Hope it works out for you.:smiles:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited January 2006
    Sledge, you can absolutely copy that info and upload it from another machine. I used to do it all the time with my work computers. I'd just zip up the whole directory and unzip it when I got home. Ran the command to send the wu's in and it was good to go.
    edited January 2006
    Sledge, you can absolutely copy that info and upload it from another machine. I used to do it all the time with my work computers. I'd just zip up the whole directory and unzip it when I got home. Ran the command to send the wu's in and it was good to go.
    Thanks, DocGeo. Sledge is going to have himself one killer point day when he turns in all that stuff at once. :D
    edited January 2006
    Following up on this, it seems your point production is back where it was before. Did you manually upload the wayward WU's from your home computer or did you get things fixed at work? :wave:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    No I think my home comps had a good day :) I wont know until monday morning!