HP P1100 (Sony D2846 monitor N3 Chassis) Blurred Corners

edited January 2006 in Hardware
Picture is slightly blurred in the corners. Convergence has been adjusted. Tried adjusting the focus on the FBT. It works but as the corners become clear the center gets blurry. I have the schematics but can’t tell where the Dynamic focus control circuitry is. How is the Dynamic focus controlled and how can it be adjusted? Can the dynamic focus be adjusted in the WINDAS program in Expert?

Comments

• P991-DELL-SONYP991-DELL-SONY California
    edited January 2006
    jimd p991 wrote:
    Picture is slightly blurred in the corners. Convergence has been adjusted. Tried adjusting the focus on the FBT. It works but as the corners become clear the center gets blurry. I have the schematics but can’t tell where the Dynamic focus control circuitry is. How is the Dynamic focus controlled and how can it be adjusted? Can the dynamic focus be adjusted in the WINDAS program in Expert?

Hmm., Dynamic Focous? I didn't know that existed.

So I guess the goal is to adjust the voltage on one of the grids during the middle of a scanline to compensate for focousing on the corners?

Are you sure this behavior isn't normal? How picky are you being? (No offense, I just want to know how bad this is)

Sony advertises some 'elliptical correction' circuitry, I don't know about it, could be hype.

I'm not aware of anything DAS does for focous. Check your service manual to see if there is a dynamic focous circuit.

If there isn't, it'd be neat to contruct one, maybe a waste of time, but, quite neat. That would be a true monitor mod.