MikeP928

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Folding@Home
It seems as though you might have a few o/c'd machines facing a stablity issue while running gromacs.

Lastnight at 6PM you submitted 11 WU's for a 177 point credit and then at midnight you sent in another 19 more for 133 points. At 6 AM, 8 WU's for 52 points and so on.

Just a head's up buddy that something could be wrong. :)

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    forgot the jpg.
  • MikeP928MikeP928 New Joisey
    edited September 2003
    Thanks T,

Your post made me check all my FAHlogs on the home rigs, as I was having similar issues a couple of weeks ago with my dual tbred rig. All had been well after changing out the mem, but you got me thinking the problem was rearing its ugly head again.

Anyways, all my home logs are clean as a whistle and completely error free from well before I left for vacation... Even my previous problem child was on its best behavior!? I will check my Dells at work to see if they are the culprits. Wouldn't have thought so, but I guess you never know :)

Thanks for your interest!
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited September 2003
    You could be getting a lot of the low point Tinkers.
    edited September 2003
    Are you running all gromacs these days? If so, I'm not aware of a gromac protein that credits less than 11.50/pts which if was the case should translate into 218 points going by the units submitted at this past midnight (19).

I dunno, the math only works if you're running tinker's as I doubt you do. Either that or this is just a hiccup on the stats on Stanford's part. :scratch:

Your logs indicate no problems so hopefully it's just that hiccup. :)
  • MikeP928MikeP928 New Joisey
    edited September 2003
    I do have one of the Dells @ work pumping out GAH units, but it is a lowly p3-667. Could this be it?
    edited September 2003
    Only 1 Dell? Probably not, that P3-677 couldn't churn through the gah units at that rate. They generally take a hella long time for a marginal credit value. :scratch:

Just keep an eye out for anomolies for the next few days. :)
  • edited October 2003
    what's up now with 50 and 60 wu a day?