Dell laptop PSU.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited January 2006 in Hardware
HI all,
I have a laptop and the PSU is shot, or rather the output cable is. I believe Dell change the pins on their desktop PC PSU/mobo connectors and I'm having a little trouble finding a plug for the lappys PSU. Before I have to go and get a new PSU for it does anybody know if the plug is a 'Dells own' or a standard plug? I just want to replace the cable and plug.
Thanks.
ps, it's a PA10 90w.

Comments

• V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2006
    I Replied Cauz I Didnt Want U To Feel Bad Just Cauz No One Replied But I Couldnt Begin To Tell Wat U Wanna No. Sry

EDIT: YAY for u somebody replied!!!
  • rykoryko new york
    edited January 2006
    dell use to switch the pin layout on all of their atx psus, but i don't think they ever did that with lappy external psus.

any 90w external ac adapter (psu) should do. but if i am wrong, i apologize!

maybe you can drag your lappy with you and test it in store before you buy?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Il ask my DELL contact Mr Bothered. I might have one lying around at work :)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    Cheers Dan, that'd be very nice.
    It is impossible to open the PSU to replace the output cable without destroying it and the moulded plug seems to be a Dell special, I can't find one, so you have to replace the whole unit, thanks Dell. I've seen them on the net for £30/£40. Aria computers have them without the mains lead for £20. The mains lead plugs in via another Dell special plug but I have the one off the busted PSU.