hbi1000 Manhandles 2K

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited January 2006 in Milestones
What did I tell you - he's back!

Congrats on 2,000 points, hbi1000, we're glad you're here!

:fold: :headbange :fold:

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    Congratulations!

Again. Wow, that was quick!

:: He says as he waits five minutes over his keyboard to write down the 3K milestone congrats::

Fold On :thumbsup:
  • hbi1000hbi1000 Asheville, NC USA
    edited January 2006
    Glad to be helping the team :wave: .

I finally have all my machines under the hbi1000 name; however, there are points accumulated under: hbi100e, hbi1000e, and hbi1000a that are all credited to Team 93 and that are all hbi1000's; however, the Folding FAQ says there is no way I could combine these three under my single hbi1000 name? I've changed all of the other machines to hbi1000, and just numbered the machines as advised, so all should be correct moving forward.

I also need to work with someone on overclocking my 2 Athlon's, 1) xp 32 bit 2800+ on ASUS A7N8X MoBo (rated at 2800, but running at 2079), and 2) xp 64 bit 3200 on ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MoBo (rated at 3700, but running at 2000) this is the system that you folks helped so much with configuring the RAID to work so well (and it is nice and fast). However, every time I attempt to crank (newbie on overclocking, had Intel up to lately) either system they both just freeze. Seeing there are more variables (read complications) for me in dealing with the 64 bit cpu, plus I'd like to give it a little more burn-in time; I'd rather learn the overclocking fundamentals on the 32 bit cpu. So, I hope to have time this weekend to post some of the current settings on the 32 bit machine and let you know what happens when I tweak; then listen and learn from your feedback. The faster these machines run the more points for Team 93. I look forward to seeing someone on the overclocking forum (if there is one).

hbi

Qeldroma wrote:
    Congratulations!

Again. Wow, that was quick!

:: He says as he waits five minutes over his keyboard to write down the 3K milestone congrats::

Fold On :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    hbi1000 wrote:
    ...I look forward to seeing someone on the overclocking forum (if there is one).
    There certainly is. :)

It's too bad that points can't be moved along with a username. On the other hand, either Stanford would have to have a bunch of people doing nothing but updating things or there would be an automated system in place which was prone to fraud. Either way, at the rate you're going it won't be long before the points you attained under a variation of your name will look like small change. :D
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    hbi1000 wrote:
    ... So, I hope to have time this weekend to post some of the current settings on the 32 bit machine and let you know what happens when I tweak; then listen and learn from your feedback. The faster these machines run the more points for Team 93. ...
    hbi

You're going to like it here. I'm about to broach the AMD64 subject myself and am learning rapidly already that there is a world of difference between it and the XPs- but I think you are definitely on the right path. There are many here who have been far down it many times :)

Remember- the New Thread button is at the bottom of the thread list if you need it :D

Thanks again so much for getting on board :thumbsup: