need a portable gaming rig

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited January 2006 in Hardware
it seems like portable and gaming pc never coexist lately. Im tired of lugging around a huge case when i go to a lanparty. Al my stuff was in a huge chieftec case and was a mother to carry. I bought a antec super lanboy case and its nice but i would like smaller. I was thinking some like a sff case. I really like the antec aria cause you can actually change the parts. my question is though is there a cpu that isnt going to burst into flames when in one of those?

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I have 2 of the Aria cases one riunning a AMD Athlon 64 4000+ and the other sporting a FX-55... the cases do run a bit warm but I moded mine to sport an exterior PSU so the air has plenty of room to circulate... if you get a big GC it blocks off the left side of the case for air flow. but there is plsent of room on both sides to mod a few fans to the inside of the case!

Other than that they run like champs. I use 1 as a BF2 server and the other as a gaming rig! the biggest Con to them is the space... that is why I made mine with a top mount PSU :)

Another thing is that most of the Micro ATX mobos only support 2 stick of ram. if you have 4 x 512 this sin't a fun solution... you might have to upgrade to 1 gig sticks...

If you have any questions shot them my way....
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Nvidia_nula.jpg

Here they are with my Nvidia Power :)
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited January 2006
    im thinking opteron 165, ASUS A8N-VM CSM, G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB), 7800GT all in a aria case. I like the pic those look sweet