Tech probs with Speed-link Medusa 5.1 Headphones (8790)

MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
edited February 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys, I have a few problems with this headset, can anyone help me out?

I bought them today and following the instructions correctly and plugged them in. Thought I'd test them out by having a quick game of CS, but the game was pretty much unplayable because of the amount of interference these things kicked out. So, I went on MSN and asked a friend if he could help. Every time I pressed a button on the keyboard the headphones clicked or fuzzed.

Turns out the problem is to do with interference on the headphone amp from my wireless adapter. I've tried to seperate them but this doesn't really solve the problem, as soon as I game up I get an ear full of fuzz.

What can I do? I forked out a bit for these headphones and I doubt I can take them back because it's a wireless problem.

Any help guys, thanks for your time.

PS. They are the normal sound card version, not the USB.

As a last note, these things are not light either :P

Comments

• deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited February 2006
    I have the same headphones and, as you said they're a swine for picking up interference from wireless cards (and mobile phones). There's not really a lot you can do short of sending them back. You could try wrapping the amp in some sort of EM shield (maybe tin foil grounded to your PC case), that might alleviate the problem a bit.