Plz help xp crashed

edited February 2006 in Hardware
hi my win xp wont load up at all it not even in safe mode or last known good config it gets 2 the point were it shows the logo an movin green bar but then quickly flashes a blue screen an restarts. it crashed while shuttin down an i was told the power button was holded to cut power off. plz help

Comments

• reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    the best you can do it to try and hit the Pause/Break Key when the blue screen comes up and write down the error code on the blue screen. That will give you a better idea of where the problem lies.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    The last time I had that kind of issue was when my Deathstar HDD died on me.... :banghead: I was in the middle of playing AvP2 when it happened, and afterward when I booted up it was just give me a BSOD.

What does the BSOD say if it lets you read it?
  • edited February 2006
    is it worth using xp disk to do the repair ? also there is another partition on this harddrive will i be able 2 get any of this stuff back?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    is it worth using xp disk to do the repair ? also there is another partition on this harddrive will i be able 2 get any of this stuff back?
    Possibly.

First, follow the advice about getting the error on the BSOD.

Second, try running the diagnostic test from your hard drive manufacturer and see what it says.
  • edited February 2006
    thanks every1 4 your replys im just gonna get a new hardrive an start again ty