is the Asus A8N-E Motherboard good?

edited February 2006 in Hardware
hi guys,

i was gonna build a new computer. So im deciding which mobo to buy. I wanted the A8N-SLI deluxe one cuz i heard its soo crazy. But the thing is it costs too much and i think its cuz of the sli option. I'm not gonna use SLI, so im thinking of buying the Asus A8N-E Motherboard. Do u think it's a good mother board. I think it is just as good and it has all features as the SLI Deluxe one except the SLI, am i right?

thx for your help!

Comments

• edited February 2006
    incase u guys want the links from where im buying it:

Asus A8N-E Motherboard

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    I don't own one, but it looks like a good board. Asus is a good company.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    No

I've had 2 Asus motherboards. First one got RMAed for being Bug city, and now I have the A8N-E and it has more issues than Ann Robinson with PMT.
  • edited February 2006
    I read some of the reviews on TG STORES and most of the reviews were positive. The only downside I've noticed was no firewire, and in some cases a noisy fan.

Enverex, can u plz post what bad experiences u had with this mobo.... althogh i pretty much made up my mind im gonna buy this board :wink:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2006
    I have an asus k8v se duluxe. Its a 754 board but it runs very stable. Its a great mobo, I'd highly suggest asus.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    The latest BIOS causes random bluescreening and this is the second ASUS board I have had with dodgy performance. From someone that has the board, DO NOT BUY IT.