Mic problems

yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
edited February 2006 in Hardware
Put a new mobo in my computer and my mic doesn't work. Its a cheap one and only use it for yahoo and stuff but its annoying. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    Put a new mobo in my computer and my mic doesn't work. Its a cheap one and only use it for yahoo and stuff but its annoying. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Go into Control Panel -Sounds and Audio-Voice-Test Hardware. This is sort of a quasi wizard that you can use to configure your mic. It may help you out.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited February 2006
    Yeah, I tried that, and its not working. no sound is registered by the mic.....
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited February 2006
    Do you have the sound drivers installed? Also, try another port (if your case/mobo has top or front-mounted audio ports).

Just fool around with the settings and volumes in Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited February 2006
    I never hooked up the top mic port to the mobo because none of the markings tiny little single point connectors matched the ones on the case. Would the mobo have come with a driver disk? jeesh, I better look for it....

Nothing in cntrol panel has worked, Ive been at it for a month...
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited February 2006
    Could the mic be bad? Maybe your speakers are bad?

Just to make sure your mic isn't picking up anything, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder. Just hit the red circle record button, talk/yell in the mic, rewind it to the beginning, hit play, and see if the gree bars move at all.