PC crash for unknown ressons i understand.

edited February 2006 in Hardware
I recuently built a new pc and have an issue with the PC rebooting on its own. I never even get a blue screen, but when i boot back up, it tells me my pc had encountered a problem with a device driver? at first i thought it was a wurm/trojan somewhere so i scanned my pc and cleaned it up, nothing to be found yet my PC still crashed.

I have a 2.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 with HT tech, mainboard is FUJITSU SIEMENS D1675 S26361-D1675, 512 of mem unsure of brand. Maxtor and Western Digital Harddrives, LITE-ON COMBO CD/RW SOHC-5232K [CD-ROM drive]
LITE-ON DVD/RW SOHW-1633S [CD-ROM drive], RADEON 7000 SERIES for video card/ on board J45 port.

most of the issues occur when i run programs that take up a lot of resources like music editing software or even having a large sum of music loaded on my playlist and having mulitpul windows open.

hopefully i can finally come to some resolve with this.

cheers-

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Sounds like perhaps a memory issue, my first thought was actually a power problem, what kind of power supply do you have?

Try unpluging any unnessesary devices from your computer like optical drives and any unneeded harddrives and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists, try running memtest and seeing if it brings up errors.
  • edited February 2006
    well right now i havea 400watt power supply that came withthe case i bought. my HD are both internal via IDE cable non SATA. sometimes i understand that these can be faulty time to time. and the only things i have plugged in at the minture are my USB mouth and my Keyboard.i also have a sisster memory stick to this but whenever i fit them into the Dimm slots, my pc would be nice and smooth and then crash as well. maybe my PC wants to dicorve me! :doh: i looked at my memory and its a Elixir M2U51264DS8H3G-5T / 512 DDR 400MHz-XL3 / PC3200U-30330.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Wattage is not the only thing about a PSU, it's also the Amps if it's not pushing enough amps your PC could be utilizing 150Watts and still not have enough juice coming from the PSU that is 400W+

But anyways, run a memtest scan and see what happens.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    I'm with RWB on running Memtest, you can get it here. :)
  • edited February 2006
    is there a mem test i can use from CD cause i dont have an floppy drive installed ;o/
  • roland_dmproland_dmp Oklahoma New
    edited February 2006
    Here's a link to the Memtest86+ .ISO file, just use your favorite CD Authoring program to burn it to CD.

http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.iso.zip
  • edited February 2006
    well i burned the ISO (boot&IMG) files to cd, but when i tried to boot from the cd. it just went into standard login, maybe i am doing soething wrong.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2006
    You might have to go into your system bios and change the boot order. Make sure your cd-rom is first boot device. (Usually hit the del. key on boot.)