Laptop sound flickers!

edited February 2006 in Hardware
I'm using a dv1102ap HP. my harman/kardon speakers suddenly start to flicker all the time. at first i noted it on itunes and then every other player too. even the start up sound when you go into windows.

i thought it might have been just the speaker problems. but when i open mozilla or another program.. it flickers more.

any idea what's wrong? HELP!!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    I'd go to HP's website and download the drivers for the sound card again. If you are running WinXP the drivers are available here. They also had a driver listed for Win2K if you need that. :)
  • edited February 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    I'd go to HP's website and download the drivers for the sound card again. If you are running WinXP the drivers are available here. They also had a driver listed for Win2K if you need that. :)

thanks for the quick reply! but why do i need a sound card. what is wrong?
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2006
    Itunes may have altered the sound driver thus making the sound output diffrently.. wow i spelled that bad..

anyway i fully endorse a new set of drivers
  • edited February 2006
    Armo wrote:
    Itunes may have altered the sound driver thus making the sound output diffrently.. wow i spelled that bad..

anyway i fully endorse a new set of drivers

thanks! haha just download the file he linked me to right?
    edited February 2006
    If you are running Windows XP, yes, that's the right file. If you have Windows 2000 you'll need a different one.

This is just the driver, which is the software which makes your sound card work right with Windows.
  • edited February 2006
    hey, the sound card didn't work :l
    edited February 2006
    What do you see under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager? Do any of the items have a red X or a yellow ! next to them?
  • edited February 2006
    my sound still flickers. i downloaded it but nothing happened at all. help!
  • edited February 2006
    what do you mean by sound vedio and game controllers? im using conexant ac link audio. it says on my comp that it's workign properly. my sounds flicker as there's computer connectivity.
  • edited February 2006
    what do you mean by sound vedio and game controllers? im using conexant ac link audio. it says on my comp that it's workign properly. my sounds flicker as there's computer connectivity. when i download the new driver. how do i install it?
  • edited February 2006
    oh by the way the driver that HP link you gave me is the same one that im using now. as in ther version
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited February 2006
    does it do the same thing through a set of headphones?

also do you mean a static sound?
    edited February 2006
    lohjoleen wrote:
    what do you mean by sound vedio and game controllers? im using conexant ac link audio. it says on my comp that it's workign properly. my sounds flicker as there's computer connectivity. when i download the new driver. how do i install it?

they are installed like most other exe, run it then fallow directions(:doh: me and spelling need to have a round agine)
  • edited February 2006
    yes it does the same if i put headphones or other externals. i re installed it and it still fliickers..
    edited February 2006
    do you know how to check if your drives are in DMA mode?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2006
    do the internal laptop speakers flicker also or is it only with something plugged into the jack?
This discussion has been closed.