Which one is the ground pin?

edited February 2006 in Hardware
ok... i started building the computer today, and so far i only had problems with installing the heatsink, then i figured out i forgot to take of the plastic from the bottom lol ... (i also accidentily dropped the heatsink on my mobo, i hope it didn't do any damage!!) Also im missing alot of cables for my motherboard, hard drive, floppy, and even the cd! now i gotta make another trip :grumble: just to tell you how things are going....

now to my question....i have to install the reset switch and power switch (both have 2 pins)...and on the motherboard guide it says that one of those pins is a ground pin.

both cables have a white wire and a blue wire... does anyone know which one is the ground pin?... or can i just hook it up any way? :scratch:

thanks

ps... is "grounding" parts really necessary? cuz i dont think i did :hair:

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2006
    With the switches it doesn't matter, all a switch does is connect the two pins together so it makes no differance which way round they are. The headers for the LEDs do have to be the right way round though.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited February 2006
    I believe the "Ground" wire is the white one. But Bothered is right, orientation doesn't matter for the Pwr-On & Reset switches
  • edited February 2006
    Even if you do plug the front LEDs in backwards (like the power and HDD light) all that would happen is they'd fail to light up. If that happens just flip them again and they should work. No damage will be done.