getting on google

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited February 2006 in Internet & Media
Okay, as a favour to a friend I'm designing / hosting a site for him... it's nothing major, just basically an advert for his company but I was wondering how I go about getting up the rankings on google. say I have a search term like 'Diamond drilling'. How do I get google to list my site as a result for that? I've submitted my site via the form on google but I guess that's not enough to get up the rankings... anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Make sure the metadata for each page includes keywords that you want the site to be found with. Google DOES use metadata in indexing.
  • edited February 2006
    Get related articles from the web and put them on the site.
    link each article to your home page.
    create a sitemap and submit that.
    get links exchange or one way links
  • SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited February 2006
    Make sure the metadata for each page includes keywords that you want the site to be found with. Google DOES use metadata in indexing.

Make sure to do the keywords in your metadata, making sure not to use more than 10-15 and separating them with commas. Otherwise they'll pass over you.

Also, if it is something to do with ecommerce or a physical location, put it up on Froogle or Google Local, respectively.

If that is not enough, personally add your site to google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl