Good Sound Card with coaxial out

bloucksbloucks Missouri
edited February 2006 in Hardware
I am looking for a good sound card that is able to hook up to my 5 year old Altec Lansing digital speakers. The speakers have a coax digital input and I'm having a hard time finding a sound card that supports this. Everything seems to be hav e a SPDIF output. Does anyone know of a good soundcard that has this type of output?

Thank you!

Comments

• SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited February 2006
    Have you considered rather than changing the soundcard, getting a converting cord? I'm not too familiar with the ability to convert from spdif to coax but I know the cards with coax today are not cheap.

It might even be cheaper to upgrade your speakers?

What is your main goal in your sound setup? Save money, keep your speakers, or keep your sound card?

Adam
  • bloucksbloucks Missouri
    edited February 2006
    SmiGDig wrote:
    Have you considered rather than changing the soundcard, getting a converting cord? I'm not too familiar with the ability to convert from spdif to coax but I know the cards with coax today are not cheap.

It might even be cheaper to upgrade your speakers?

What is your main goal in your sound setup? Save money, keep your speakers, or keep your sound card?

Adam

I really like the speakers I have, because they do sound so good. When I purchased these speakers they cost me a fortune and they have been money well spent. I might have to bite the bullet and buy some new speakers, as much as I hate to.

Thanks for your input!

Bill