Jeapordy style game, need some help building it.

I would like to build a jeopordy type game using php and mysql or asp and some type of database (mysql hopefully).

The game is to consist of 6 categories, I need to have a way for the people to play the game to register and login to play, I would like for all of their stats to be recorded so they can show up on who has the highest score and how much time they played.

This kind of how I would like the flow of the application to go.
1.User registers, and then logs in.
2.The user is then taken to the categories menu.
3.The user can then select an option from one of the six categories.
=Once they have selected that option they cannot select it again..
4.They are then prompted with a question (I think it is going to be a Yes or No Question)
5.They answer the question and if it is wrong then it tells them it is wrong and displays the correct question. If it is correct then it tells them it was correct and tell them what they have won.

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    This should be a fairly straight forward task, so long as you're prepared to deal with some of the headaches that are bound to pop-up.

Is there a particular reason you want to do this?

And also, i'd suggest PHP and MYSQL, simply because they've always struck me as the easiest to use.
  • edited February 2006
    Yep game for a class, a bunch of classes it will be their templates.
    But know the requirments have changed (lower than I originally expected :) )

Now the requirments are:

still the 5x5 categories, you select one (can only select one time), it shows the question, then we wait for someone to answer correctly then it shows the answer, then tells you what you have won and takes you back to the main categories.

I want to make all of this in flash, and make it easy so others can change the main categories, questions, answers, and color scheme.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Flash is not something I'm very good with haha.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited March 2006
    Flash is not something I'm very good with haha.

Me either :crazy:

I hate flash :P Had too many headaches because of this thing :rolleyes:

EDIT : flash is easy to use if you want to do it simple, but flash with post-back of values on server side are a pain in the neck :tongue2: