Best 2 Gig Memory pack for...

RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
edited February 2006 in Hardware
Hi Mac

Had planned to build a new AMD box but the new house comes 1st..

Upgrade time!

...I have 1 Gig of Corsair DDR500 XMS4000..

I want to upgrade to 2 gigs. Which OCZ Memory do you recommend?

MoBo: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.0 800mHz FSB

Need anything else?

Thx!

Fred

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    patriot

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220018

I searched long and hard and bought this. ITs the best mem I have ever owned. Fast stable and jus utterly amazing
  • edited February 2006
    RADA, I've been running the Mushkin Redline XP4000 2 GB kit and it's been pretty decent. It's rated for 250 fsb at 3-3-2-8 timings and will do that, but it doesn't have too much headroom over that. It's also gotten a bit more expensive since I bought mine and is now at $374 on Mushkin's site.

Gnome, the Patriot ram you linked to is a 512 MB stick, not a 1 GB stick.:buck:

EDIT: I was looking at the egg and saw they had OCZ's version of my ram in stock and they are substantially cheaper than the Mushkin. It's going for $281.44 plus $4.81 shipping. Here's a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227225
  • edited February 2006
    You can get GSkill PC4000 2.5-3-3-7 (I believe) from the 'egg for $199 per 2 gig kit and I've seen a lot of people reporting 280+ FSB at 1-1 with it on looser timings.
  • edited February 2006
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231021
    That's the ram but it's 3-4-4-8 I was wrong on the latency..
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Rada,

The ram mudd linked to is without a doubt one of the best 2GB kits on the market right now. We have had a very limited supply for a long time now but things do looking good again. I have that very same kit in 3 of my rigs. All 3 runs at 270+.
  • edited February 2006
    Yeah Mack, that's what I originally wanted to buy but there wasn't any stock of it anywhere to be found when I was buying ram. That's why I ended up buying the Mushkin, but I would have preferred buying OCZ personally. I would rather have stayed with a vendor that I have experience with such as OCZ because I know that they have stellar support and I had never dealt with Mushkin before this purchase. I've been using OCZ ram for well over 2 years and their ram really is good, as is their support. :thumbsup:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    A bit late but I will add my $0.02 anyway. I was thinking the RAM Mudd linked to was the one that had been doing very well in both AMD and Intel based machines. And Mack confirmed it. I say that is definitely the best one to go with and will like ly be what I get for my next kit.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited February 2006
    I will always have OCZ in my gaming rig. Its wonderful!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006