Cracking Laptop BIOS Password

edited February 2006 in Hardware
I couldn't remember the BIOS password to my ancient Toshiba Satellite 2710 XDVD laptop...

I went onto a couple of BIO password cracking sites, and nothing has worked so far. No backdoors passwords nor holding the left shift key when booting worked for me.

I'm out of ideas, so any suggestions? I also need to know who manufactures Toshiba Laptop BIOS. Is it Phoenix? BIOSTAR? Or does toshiba makes its own laptop bios?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Floppy BIOS PW cracking software dont work, because now I'm locked out of the boot menu.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Remove the laptop battery. I'm not sure where but there IS a BIOS battery on the laptop too. Remove that one. Press every key on the keyboard to disapate any capacitors. That will hopefully reset the BIOS.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Dell laptops have a jumper you have to move in order to reset the cmos password - the password is usually flashed into firmware, so even a cmos reset doesn't fix it. Not sure how it works for toshibas, but this might help you.
  • edited February 2006
    Okay thx for replies and I just bypassed the BIO pw with a keydisk.

This keydisk will work with most Toshiba notebooks, and instructions on how to make one can be found here for future references:

http://www.expage.com/page/toshibapassword

Cheers! Yay
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Nice... glad to hear you got past the password. Thanks for posting the link!!!