Linux Supreme

2»

Comments

• ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Perfect- Thank you!
    I am probably going to us use it as a base for my own OS.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    You understand C and C++?? There are dev abilities in Linux that normally are in the dev packages, so whatever you try get the dev packages also. Compiled code, once beyond the debugging stuff, is the way to go. Python can be used for applications also, for core OS you want C or C++.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    kryyst wrote:
    Why go to the trouble of creating your own security sweet? There are a couple core ones out that are excellent and solid. For standard access get a box going with Squid proxy, Clamav, popfile, and dans guardian and you have an extremely solid inet box that will monitor all ports check all traffic, monitor web content and emails.

Put two nics in it and have it sit between your inet and your internet and everything passes through it. Extremely stable, extremely configurable and best of all secure.

M0n0 M0N0 m0N0wall :ninja:
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2006
    citrixmeta wrote:
    M0n0 M0N0 m0N0wall :ninja:

:)

I'll just never understand why some people want to go to the trouble of recreating the wheel all the time.
  • edited March 2006
    kryyst wrote:
    :)

I'll just never understand why some people want to go to the trouble of recreating the wheel all the time.
    Reproducing the wheel is actually a time honored way of understanding the internals of how something works. It also satisfies the inner tinkerer in most people.

Skryking