Hardware recommendations

Kristof2Kristof2 Member
edited February 2006 in Hardware
I hate doing this but I haven't been paying too much attention to this stuff lately since I have been busy for the past year.

Here is my partial list:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ $160 from deal depot.
Epox EP-9NPA+ Ultra - $105.00 from Newegg
Antec Lifestyle Sonata2 - $99.99 from Newegg Does this have the 24 pin power supply that the Epox board needs?

Is the eVGA 256-P2-N386-AX Geforce 6800GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail for $169.00 from Newegg a good deal or should I look for something different. I have been playing more games lately.

I am still looking for a good deal on some RAM. And I will be using the CD and DVD drives that I already have for now.

Any other recommendations will be appreciated:sweflag:

Kristof2

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited February 2006
    Looks good, I have a friend that built his pc the same time i did and he has the same motherboard your looking at. Its done fine and seems just like my msi nf4. I'd probably go with This instead.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited February 2006
    the Antec Lifestyle Sonata2 does have the 24 pin motherboard connector

4 pins a detachable for use on motherboards that use the 20 pin type

took me about 10 minuts to figure that out:doh:

first time that i built a system sence mt a7v8n board 2-3 years ago

thing screams tho, after I almost threw the X-Fi card out the window:range:

traded up to a 2.1 promedia speaker set:cheers:
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited February 2006
    Nightwolf wrote:
    Looks good, I have a friend that built his pc the same time i did and he has the same motherboard your looking at. Its done fine and seems just like my msi nf4. I'd probably go with This instead.
    that's the one i have. It's very good, and it comes with Asus's best drivers, like ASUS Probe, and for those that don't know how to overclock, It comes with a smart ocing thing that will Overclock when it needs to and slow down when it needs to. As for RAM, again, I will mention that I have Patriot Blue Series and it is very nice. I got 1 GB for $80.