Connecting one Computer to another Computer using USB 2.0?

metomeyametomeya New
edited February 2006 in Hardware
I've heard there are special USB cords that can connect one computer to another, making a network with usb, or a direct connection with usb. Something called usb-to-usb or direct connection usb, something like that.

I wanna use it to keep my laptop, and desktop in sync with each other. I've found the software (Easy2Sync), but trying to figure out what USB cord I want.

Does anyone have these cords? Any opinions on them? Which one should I buy? Are they all 2.0 USB (that will makes a big difference)? What if my desktop is connect to a network/internet through ethernet, will it screw it up?

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    dunno about USB, but you can use Firewire that way, or ethernet of course ;)
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2006
    a crossover cable will be cheaper, and way faster than USB
  • metomeyametomeya New
    edited February 2006
    ya, but the crossover calbe will use my network card, but that is already connected to my internet, it will be a pain to always have to take it out and put that one in all the time.

I just want something ready to go, some wire hanging on my desk so all I have to do is plug in my laptop.

And my laptop doesn't have a firewire port.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    You could buy a router, this way you can connect multiple computers to the internet, and to each other at the same time through one connection per computer.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    BTW I found this... maybe it's what you're looking for.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/j_helmig/usbmain.htm