Problems With My Mouse !!!!

edited March 2006 in Hardware
ok i dunno if this is located in tha right place and i apoligize if it isnt but:

my mouse is really screwed up!!!! It is a microsoft laser optical type and since it is USB i have it connected to a green adapter then have it in the "mouse port". BUT when things load or the compter is using too much memory it disconnects and screws up temporarly, eventually it just disconnects all together.

THen i disconnect it, take of the adapter and stick it in the USB port. It works 10x better but still the same problems every 5mins - 2 hours i have to take it out and put it back in for it to work again.

can somebody help me please!! THANKS :)

Comments

• edited February 2006
    please help me! its really annoying!!! tha red light on the mouse turns off and i have to replug it into tha USB port every so often!!!!!!!! (like 15 times a day) :(
  • SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited February 2006
    Have you tried using another mouse? If so, do you experience the same problems? This is important to see if it is your computer or the mouse.

If you can't get another mouse, take this one that is screwing up back to the store for a replacement or call Microsoft and RMA it. You say its a laser mouse so it should still be under warranty as those are relatively new.

Good luck,
    Adam
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited February 2006
    Are you sure it's the mouse? Does everything still run in the backround? Did you try to overclock at all? If you did that is your problem. When you overclock too much or do it wrong, EVERYTHING will freeze and the mouse won't work either. If things are still running in the backround, chances are, it's your mouse, but that doesn't necesarrily rule out the computer itself. Could also be the USP port. Did you try plugging it into a different one? Try plugging it into the a USB port that is far from the one you normally use, as usually two of them are run by one cable.
  • edited February 2006
    every thing else freezes for a bit also!! so it might be the computer. What does overclocking mean?!
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited February 2006
    Brok_Homz wrote:
    every thing else freezes for a bit also!! so it might be the computer. What does overclocking mean?!
    You said if freezes up for a bit? Exactly how long is a bit. The other guys can tell you what Overclocking is, I'm pretty new to it myself so I wouldn't be much help there. How old is the computer? Does it come with temp reading software? If not, see if you can get into BIOS and look at temps. If I'm not mistaken, Pentiums usually run a bit hotter than AMD, but after about 47 - 50 C you will start to have problems. If it only happens when you are running a FEW programs together, It's probably running too hot and it's not the mouse. Again, I'd get more help from some of these other fine folks at Short-Media on overclocking and BIOS temp reads. You can also by a really cheap mouse for $3 on Newegg.com just to test and see if it happens with that also. Or if you go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City, you can get one for about $8 - $9. Have fun with that!
    edited March 2006
    I used to have a problem that my house would stutter and pause for a few seconds any sounds would also cut otu because the whole computer was pausing for a couple of seconds. The problem is that I didn't have the correct chipset driers installed.

Give us some details on your computer, where you got it, stuff like that.
  • edited March 2006
    well haha ill try, its a "Touch" computer, it says pentium 4 Intel Inside
    it is 2.0 GHZ, ram i believe is 512, windows XP.... about 3 years old now.... anything else?
    edited March 2006
    Have you done anything to the system lately? Installed new system monitoring software or utilities? Was there a certain tim when you started noticing this problem?

Adam
  • edited March 2006
    haha its workin fine now, and i didnt do nothing different THANKS ANAWAYS YALL :)