Dual display adapter questions.

edited February 2006 in Hardware
I have an Intel D915GAG motherboard with a 3.0 gig processor. I can't seem to figure out what, if anything, I need to do to run multiple display adapters. My goal is to be able to have 3 or 4 monitors running at the same time. I don't know my current display adapter off the top of my head, but I will be able to reference that later today. Right now, I know that is a PCI x16 board, just not sure of the model number.

Can I just get a cheap-o PCI board so that I can run that 3rd and 4th monitor? Or do I need to buy a new motherboard? I was looking at the ASUS P5N32-SLI DELUXE or the Intel D975XBX. If i have to go that route, I'd like to get something with on-board RAID, unless you guys think that I should have that on a PCI board.....

I'd also like to think about upgrading my power supply and case.......your thoughts there would be helpful as well.....if i don't need a new motherboard, that would be awesome......

I've got a processor I'd like to keep, a bunch of hard drives that work just fine.....I'd like to build my next system around those......

I was a consultant a few years back, before my current government employment, so I remember just enough to be able to realize that there is too much information out there, my knowledge is outdated, and I'd really like some help wading through all the choices out there.

Any input any of you might have would be greatly appreciated. I'd just like to avoid buying the wrong thing.

Cpl Boscia, MJ
Team Leader
1st MARDIV NBC Defense Platoon
:usflag:

Comments