CoolIt TEC

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
These are going to be power hungry and on the expensive side but they're here. Here's a review ...http://www.extrememhz.com/freezone-p1.shtml ...:thumbsup:

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    That's pretty freaking cool. $400 is an awful lot, but good watercooling systems can end up costing near that after piecing together all the components.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    How cool can this thing be ...there's no insulation or vapor barrier to prevent against condensation. But by the same token ...if it's on par or better than watercooling as far as getting heatsource near ambient then I think it's well worth it.
  • edited March 2006
    It looks interesting, but the price is out of sight compared to it's performance, IMO. If I were to spend $400 for cooling, I might as well spend a little more and go with the OCZ pahse change setup instead, when they put it on the market. Also, you can find used phase change setups for not too much more than this too. It must be an awful power hog too. I did a quick read of the article and I didn't catch where they are getting power for the TEC's from, but if they are getting it from the psu it will be putting quite a load on it by itself, not to mention the load the proc and vid cards are putting on the psu. Plus, you can't cool a gpu and also northbridges with this like you can with a conventional watercooling setup.

IMO, it's a neat but flawed concept. It costs $400 right off the bat, can't cool gpu's or northbridge along with the proc and will require you to have a mega big psu. I didn't see anywhere in the article showing what power draw this TEC unit is drawing. I've been down the TEC cooling route and they are neat, but a TEC isn't the most efficient cooling device in the world.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I may have misundertood but I thought I read at procooling that is was run off usb ...LOL

I guess you didn't visit the mfg site and see the softdrink coaster cooler right next to it??? LOL

Mudd I think we could make a killin w/ a crawfish pot whatchew think?