Constant Blue Screen Problems on a new Win install

edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hopefully someone here knows what is going on and can recommend what to do in this situation. Here's the story:

About 6 months ago I came home and got on my computer. Turned on the monitor and moved the mouse to get it back on. Nothing happened so I hit some keys etc... to get it back going. This didn't work either so I hit restart. The system then just sat there and never showed anything on the screen or made any Beep as to show it completed POST. I unplugged it and let it sit a while then tried again. No difference. After basically taking it apart and putting it back together just incase there was something loose it did the same thing. So I finally flashed the bios and it finally posted. Now here is the crapy part. If I did anything to the bios, as in even changed the time, it wouldn't post. Then I came to the conclusion that if the system would not post if it wasn't freshly flashed. Even if I simply restart it wouldn't work. After changing out all the components with new ones accept the Motherboard, RAM, CPU, and Hard Drives I finally sent in my motherboard for RMA. When I got the new one it fixed the posting problems. Oddly at the same time the DVI input on my monitor stopped working as well. I changed the monitor as well and it fixed the problem.

Now after freshly installing Win XP sp2, or x64 I get random blue screens. These will happen no matter what I am doing , and now matter how long the system has been running. Some examples of the blue screens are:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - 0X0000004E
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - 0X00000050
NTFS.SYS ERROR - 0X00000040
KERNAL_APC_PENDING.... (I didn't get to write this one down in time).
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - 0X0000000A
A DRIVER HAS OVERRUN A STACKED-BASED BUFFER... - 0X000000F7
BAD_POOL_HEADER - 0X00000019

These were a list of blue screens in a 4 hr time.

This has been going on since I got my motherboard back which was about 2 months ago. Now I am also getting a windows system error "Machine Check Error".
This doesn't crash the computer it just simply shows up as a ! in the system tray.

Please let me know what you think might be the problem here! Thanks!

P.S. I have already emailed my RAM manufacturer to get that replaced just incase.

This is a list of my hardware:

MSI K8T Master2-Far (bios uptodate)
Dual AMD Opteron 240s
OCZ Systems PC 3200 2.0cl Registered DDR 2 x 512mb on dual channel
ATI x850 AGP 256mb Video Card (bios and driver updated)
Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card
2 Maxtor 160gb 150 SATA on RAID-0 Stripe (raid driver updated)
Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550 [+5v (40A), +12V (19A), +12V (19A), +3.3V (32A)]
Innovatek Water Cooling (CPUs, Video Card, Chipset, HardDrives, RAM)
All Components run under 95 degrees Fahrenheit at MAX use.

Comments

• CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited March 2006
    Memtest (someone had to be first)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited March 2006
    second the motion

Tex
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2006
    Is memtest comes back as good check the psu then the hdd.
  • edited March 2006
    Memtest shows no errors after 78hrs of tests. (I had to stop it eventually.) PSU is new, and all voltages showing very good. I have only the HDD to check. I'll post the results. Thanks for all the help!