2 Operating Systems!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Okay I have seen this before and have fixed it as 2 HD's in the system had bootable HD with windows on it.

But this time it is different. I just can't seem to be able to pin point the issue, or how to solve it. So the help of the higher experts are needed...

Issue:

Hit power button, windows boots up into Bios and than to a nice screen of choose which Operating system to boot from. Hmm I only have 1 operating system installed out of the 3 Hd’s

System:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
Hard Drives: Maxtor SATA 120GB HD – Set for master
2x Maxtor Diamond Drives 250GB IDE – Set Slave/Slave
Graphics: Nvidia 2x 7800GTX
Sound: Creative Sound Audigy 2 ZS
Ram: 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS Expert ram DDR400 PC3200
Power: Antec Neo Power

The SATA drive is the only drive with a Operating system on it. The Maxtor drives are Data backups and Misc files that are backup from other towers within the network.

Now one of my drives does have a 6GB partition on it. This drive was used for backups only and for Page filing, I think at one point it contained a copy of XP on it for proprietary use.

If you have any idea why I am getting 2 bootable XP copies let me know. If you need more info let me know. On all my installs I do a full Format and not Quick Format when I do a new setup. Do you think one of the HD’s didn’t format properly? causing the 2nd bootable option!

I should also add the the 2nd bootbale XP copy showing won't boot! only the first copy which is on my main drive!

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Just right click "My computer" then go to the Advanced Tab I think it is, and around there is an option to bring up the boot settings, it should let you edit the file there. Afaik you could just edit the C:\boot.ini file too.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Why is it when your fustrated to no mean that you overlook the small things? "C:\boot.ini file " Dah frab nabbit, doo snip nabbit!