Monitor or video card dying?

SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
edited March 2006 in Hardware
This just started happening last night, so I figured I should post quickly in case there was something that could be done to stop it before it gets worse...

I was on a bright white webpage (google I think), when suddnely the white background got a darker blue tint to it. I kept searching, but the tint kept changing, from the blue-ish color back to the normal white, and back again. I was done anyways so I just turned the monitor off and went off to do whatever, not even thinking about it.

Just a few minutes ago it started happening again. This time here on Short-Media. I was browsing through SVT when it got a green tint, then blue, then a little red, and back to normal.

Is this a sign that either my monitor or video card are dying? I wouldn't think that they would go this quickly... the monitor isn't even 15 months old and the video card is almost a year old (but OC'd a little from 290/400 to 303/430).

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    Check the monitor connections. You could also try wiggling the cable around and see if that has any effect. it could be something interfering with the signal from the card to the monitor.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    When was the last time that you made sure your video card was clean and cool? Though I suspect either the cable or the monitor.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited March 2006
    I just checked the cable and it wasn't completely in, but well enough that I don't think it would have any effect. I cleaned the video card out about a month ago when I had the case off.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2006
    sounds kinda like magnetic interference....are your speakers magnetically shielded? any other type of powered device near or around your monitor that could be causing a magnetic field interferance?