Laptop memory?

2»

Comments

• Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited April 2006
    I didn't know packard bell was still in business?!?!?

Nice going, picking up that wristband!! Makes me feel more techie!!:bigggrin:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited April 2006
    ryko wrote:
    are you even sure that removing the hex screw will give you access to the RAM? i bet you get it off and it won't even be for the RAM...it will be a mini pci slot or something. that's how it was on my old compaq lappy.

are you sure the RAM isn't located under the keyboard or something? i know many notebooks are like that, but i am not familiar with your particular model...
    Thats something I forgot to mention and you could be right. Before going to PC World, I went to another computer shop to see if they could open the screw...they couldn't. However, they said that the RAM could be located under the keyboard.

Buddha16 wrote:
    Nice going, picking up that wristband!! Makes me feel more techie!!:bigggrin:
    Makes me feel safer! :D

I'l let you all know what happens soon :)
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited April 2006
    HHmmm i guess Packard Bell is pretty big over there, I didn't know that.:tongue:
    edited April 2006
    Not sure if PB are big here, but I do have one of their Laptops. ;D

I phoned the Cover Plan people and the advisor on the phone told me that the RAM is not located under the keyboard, but at the back where the freakin' screw is. He doesn't know why the screw is there and to phone back on a weekday when a technician is available.

Atleast I know where the RAM is. Now I have to wait a little longer. :rant:
    edited May 2006
    After over a month, here's an update with a happy ending!

The laptop went to the workshop on Friday 5th May, so the screw could be changed. After waiting more than a week, I recieved the laptop back on the 16th and on the 19th, the RAM finally got installed at PC World. It's running much smoother now with 704MB of RAM . :thumbsup:

Before I forget, the laptop has desktop RAM and I had to pay extra because the orginal PNY RAM I had was the wrong one. Stupid people at PC World gave me the wrong one. :banghead:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied. :)