URGENT: Page-spanning images

entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
edited March 2006 in Science & Tech
Alright, so I've got this project due in an hour and I'm really kind of up a tree. Yeah, it's my fault for waiting, but that's neither here nor there.

I have an image that I've created that is 10"x37". What I need to do is have my printer span that across as many pages as needed, in landscape orientation. So far Photoshop, Word, and the built in Picture Viewer have failed me.

Suggestions?

Comments

• edited March 2006
    Have you tried printing it as a banner in in that orientation?

P.S. Did you fix that receiver yet? ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Picasa MIGHT do that - but i think you need the rasterbater :ninja:
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited March 2006
    Prime: Do you think you could look around if that's possible in Picasa? I don't know it well enough and can't find it.

Madmat: How do I do that? Oh, and the receiver blew the fuse as soon as I got the new transistors in. It's sitting in the dump right now.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    It can't - i checked. It will only do 4x4 poster (4 sheets by 4 sheets)

Have you tried the rasterbater?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, and it wasn't what I wanted from the start. It's really sweet, but not practical for this.

Here's the image I'm trying to print: http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21SFSDVF8KS2933CBRHRUZZH0P

Edit: Mmkay, so I just realized I was missing the simplest way yet. Set crop size to 8x10.5 (margins of paper that printer can't hit), and start chopping, use new document for each chunk. Ah well. Thanks, though.