Tiny Laptop with long battery life?

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
I saw the Origami and it had me thinking, does anyone know of any laptops that are really small (and preferably light too) with very long battery life? (i.e. 5 hours or more). I say laptop because PDAs and such are always propietory and very restricted in what can be done with them. Any ideas?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    The Dell 710M is quite small and light (around 2kg), and with the 8 cell battery, it lasts quite a long time(~5.5 hours at light use). If you've got the extra money to spend, that notebook probably fits the bill of what you're looking for.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Sony has a line of super-PDA sub-notebooks. My friend has one, a U50 and it is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. They pack notebook processors and run Windows XP. Engadget did a review here.

-drasnor :fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Weird... that Sony looks a lot like the Origami concepts do. I wonder if Microsoft's development teams knew about it or not.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    My 17" notebook has lasted me over 3 hours without tweaks ;) Gonna try undervolting it and see how much more I can get outta it :D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    That U50 looks exactly like what I'm looking for. I'm basically looking for something not much bigger than a PDA but with the standard abilities of a PC (PDAs are crippled) but if it runs normal XP then it means it must have full PC abilities....
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    that origami type of device has been around for a while, microsoft is not the most creative in the business.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    It does everything a desktop can do (my friend used it as a fileserver while it was docked). Best PDA I've ever seen.

-drasnor :fold: