Monitor for clients ?

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited February 2006 in Folding@Home
I was looking at some of the downloads for FAH and noticed one that would monitor clients on different machines. This would be most helpful. I tried to download it but , it took me to some Yahoo site that wanted me to join something. I do not want to join Yahoo anything. Is there another way to get fold monitor 5.1.? Or is there another prog that will monitor clients across my LAN ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited October 2003
    www.em-dc.com

Electron Microscope III
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Thanks!!
  • edited October 2003
    when you first run the program the options window should open with it. If not it's the microscope icon to the upper left. First page of the options window has a computer icon near the bottom right and that's to browse to your FAH3Console.exe file for each machine. If you use the FAH3.25-Console-beta.exe then rename it to the regular one so EMIII will pick it up. After adding a client check the box that shows the path and highlight the name before scrolling to the other option pages so those modifications take effect for that box.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    Hmm I will look for Fold Monitor. Site may have changed or something.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Now I do not have to run all over the house to see what is going on.

Thanks !!
    em3.jpg 59.2K
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    I updated some things and added a lot of other things. Several new monitoring programs and such.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Washington state's Attorney General has sued a New York company which claims to clean PCs of spyware, but is really a spam generator instead.
    The Washington state attorney general's office has filed a lawsuit against Secure Computer LLC of White Plains, N.Y., alleging that the company's anti-spyware software falsely claimed that computers were infected in an attempt to encourage computer users to pay $49.95 for a fully-working version. According to the suit, the spyware cleaner does not remove spyware from the PC, but rather modifies settings on the computer.

The law suit claimed that some of the emails sent pretended to come from MSN Member Services with the subject line "Special Security Alert for MSN Members," giving the false impression that the emails were being sent by Microsoft security personnel. Other warnings are alleged to have been sent to computers running Windows Messenger, to force a pop-up message to appear on recipients' machines, posing as a message from the Windows operating system.
    Submitted by: ?

Source: SCMagazine.com
  • edited January 2006
    hold up, the database has gone crazy or something....SHORTY!!!
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Yeh.. this is a test..its grabbing data from the latest post and putting it into the news threads on the front page...
  • edited February 2006
    WTF!! this is just weird

bikerboy