Vid card temps?

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hey, i never really payed much attention to my videocard ever since i got it(july i think) but i recently instsalled ATI tool to OC it and it shows the temps. Its an ATI x800XL 256mb and running at 56º C when during regular use, not overclocked. Is this average? I dont really know what the temps of videocards are/should be around, but this seems kinda high compared to my cpu.

Comments

• gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited March 2006
    sounds about right my CPU is around 51 C vid card is around 67 C

you are doing better then me
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    That seems about average, If you have good cooling on your case your temps should never peak over 64-68C if so I would take a look at your case cooling...

To compare my 7800GTX runs at 42C :) and 48C under 90% load :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    did you put a new heatsink on the 7800 because I heard that those run pretty hot.

Right now my cpu is 56º at 100% because I'm folding. I usually idle around 45-47
    edited March 2006
    all my cards run stock heat sinks... it is really just how the Case breathes! The Antec cases i have been using seem to run quite cool with 3 80M fans up front and 1 120MM fan blowing out the bacK and to top that the case is fairly quite as long as it is under my desk :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    Isn't that really loud though? I have 3 case fans, 2 fans from cpu heatsink and vid card heatsink, a psu fan, and theyre loud as hell. I installed a fan controller so at night i can turn the fans down while my pc's idle, but i mostly leave it folding so whatever.
    edited March 2006
    I actually can't hear it at all! they are all Antec coolers... with a zalman 7700 and of course the 7800GTX 512's fan it runs very quitetly... for that I would likr to compliment the Antec case I am using :)