Custom Graphic Cards

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
More and more computer enthusiasts seem to be modding and tweaking their current graphic cards as they deem fit, mostly to gain that extra 5MHz out of a spanking new GPU. So as more users are doing trial and error cooling mods, let us know what you have successfully done and unsuccessfully done to try to get your graphics card to run cooler and faster.

To help you in a mini format please present your cooling mod in this order:

Card Make: Nvidia /ATI / 3Dlabs / 3DFX
Card Model Number: ie. ASUS XYZxxx 256MB
Cooling Method: Air/Passive/Water/Other
Stock Clock Speed: Out of the box core speed
Achieved Clock Speed: Your top stable core speed
Description of Mod: What you had to do to apply this Mod

The goal is to help the community see what is the most effective way to get better cooling and clock speed out of the current generation GPU's….

**Note: Short-Media or its members are not responsible for the Modifications done to your graphics card(s). This guide represents Modifications done buy other users to compare what is effective and what isn't effective in cooling your GPU.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    So do I have to be the first person to post about my upgrade? I don't care how ghetto it is , we just want to see what you guys are doing out there!
  • edited March 2006
    I got the 7900GT with the Thermaltake Tide Water GPU cooler. As soon as I can get the OC to work I'll post my results.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2006
    X800pro sapphire Vmodded by 0.2V on the core and 0.1V on the ram allowed me to crush x800xtpe speeds Im using a zalman copper cooler to cool it. I also have all 16 pipelines unlocked flashed to a x800xtpe and have been stable since I flashed it about a year ago.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    A classic:

Card Make: ATI (Sapphire)
    Card Model Number: 9800 Pro (256bit, 128MB)
    Cooling Method: Water (Maze4 GPU, dual 120 rad, D4 etc Athlon XP was in the loop too)
    Stock Clock Speed: 320MHz
    Achieved Clock Speed: 480MHz artifact free (no vmod either!)
    Description of Mod: Just the waterblock and some Arctic Ceramique.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17693&d=1128576217
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    NICE Lemonlime :thumbsup: