i found my love :)

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Ok well as much as ive been criticizing vaio's in the past i finally found the laptop that was meant for me. It is sooooo thin and light, not to mention it has one of the new core duo processors and a gig of ram...let me know what you guys think about it. I'll probably buy it in a month or 2.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7675474&type=product&productCategoryId=cat15200&id=1134703552594

Comments

• gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited March 2006
    eyeing that one myself

it is the succesor to the s ser.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Very nice find. Two things would keep me from getting it though. I don't want to start an ATI/NVIDIA war, however, from what I've noticed, ATI uses less power. Also, I prefer laptops with 7200 rpm hard drives. However, the builtin MIC, Webam and that sweet proc make it tempting.

Just my 2 cents.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Looks like a sweet low-profile notebook to say the least. These low profile mahcines are getting better and better. I used an older Toshiba tablet PC up until last year, and I was happy to replace it with a full-size notebook. It was simply missing too many things (cd drive etc) and the small 10" screen at 1024x768 was very painful. They've clearly come a long way though :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    I'll probably keep it stock until vista comes out, and then buy another gig for it, and maybe even a 7200rpm hd. It'l be a big purchase for me, but definately worth it. My parents said they'd spend $1200 because its for college, and anything extra i need to spend with my own money, so thatl be another like $300-400. So I'll probably be spending about $1100 of my own.. :( damn im gonna be a poor college student, not that most arent already)