A8r-mvp

edited March 2006 in Hardware
not sure if i should be posting this in this section because honestly i dont know what the problem is, but i am hearing that this mobo is pretty craptacular so heres my problem, its a little less extreme than those i have been reading about this board.

i recently built my new system.

A8R-MVP
AMD64 X2 4200+
Asus Ati X1900XT
1gig Ram 3200 400
160 SATA HD

a great little system i was thinking as i bought it.

anyway, what has me really bugged is that it seems to run slower than my old comp. (p4 2.8 - 1gig ram - 60gig hd - ati 9800)

i never really payed attention to cpu usage with my old system, but the new system will hit over 50% usage by just moving around icons on my desktop. this just seems out of the ordinary to me. if i leave the comp running overnight, the next morning its virtually un-usable. very slow and choppy. the longer i have it on, the slower it begins to run. however, im never crashing or goign to blue screen like i hear so many people are. very happy about that - very sad about my problems.

if any of this sounds familiar or even a way to fix it i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks =)

edit---posted this in the appropriate thread once i realized it was there. sorry for the dumb post hoho.