Internet explorer and Firefox both acting up....?

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Science & Tech
Ok, this is the famillys computer but theres only 2 desktop names, mine and my dads (both set to administrater" but everytime you go on his internet explorer and go to anything that needs flash player to work, internet explorer says "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close". So i open up his firefox and alot of the stuff dont load, alot of menus and links dont load. ill have to take a pic of it, but i thinks its java menues or something.

but anyways on my desktop name, bot internet explorer and firefox work perfect. I tried installing firfox on his name to a different destination, i tried extentions, i tried options, i deleted all the spyware with ad-aware, and e-wido. and i ran a AVG anti-virus scan. yet his stuff still has problems.

can anyone help me out? thanks alot in advance :)

Comments

• deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited March 2006
    I'd be tempted to try deleting your dads profile, I reckon that would fix it but be aware you'll lose any changes your dad has made to his logon from the windows default state.

Your dads profile will be stored in C:\documents and settings\profile name. You need to login as administrator and rename that folder. eg: if your dad logs in as 'dad' you need to log in as administrator and rename c:\documents and settings\dad to c:\documents and settings\dad2. Then reboot and login as your dad. Everything will be reset to defaults and you'll probably need to spend some time setting stuff up but hopefully IE and firefox should be behaving again. If it hasn't worked just login as administrator again and rename the folder back to how it was.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    allright, thanks alot......... ill try that as soon as i have time lol :D
  • residualresidual NYC
    edited November 2007
    For Firefox you can migrate your dad's profile to another profile (Start->Run->'firefox -P') or you can try starting in Safe Mode to see if one of his extensions are acting up.